Are you worried about the safety of your furniture during your move? Or you have old and expensive pieces that you don’t want to be damaged? Then it is important for you to properly plan your move for planning can greatly help in protecting your furniture from damage.
Below are a few helpful tips that can help you avoid damaging your furniture as you move. Bear in mind that some furniture pieces are bulky and heavy, so hiring Toronto professional movers can be a great help.
- Using pieces of cloth or towels, you can wrap them around legs of tables and chairs. This way can help in minimizing chances o f getting dents or damages if the legs get in contact with doors, door frames or floor. And, if you want your floor and carpets protected during the move, using this trick with another furniture with legs is also helpful.
- Keep your furniture from things that are present in the truck that may cause scratches or damage during moving. Secure loose items such as rakes, brooms, etc. that may damage or dent your furniture.
- It is vital to use clothes, towels and cloth pieces for fragile items before placing them in boxes. Also, make sure that you know what every towel or cloth contains and inform the movers about it to avoid damage.
- You may also put pillows and bedding between furniture in the truck to lessen friction and movement. This way can help avoid scratches, scrapes, and damages. Just make sure to wash your beddings after moving before using them again.
- Mirror frames and pictures can be protected using cardboards. If you have kept their original boxes you can use them but if not you can just cover them with cardboard, it can also do the job.
If you are taking apart your furniture, make sure to keep everything together. Place small pieces such as bolts, nuts, and screws into bubble wraps and bind them firmly to a piece of the furniture that they belong to so they will not get misplaced.
- And finally, a helpful tip is to hire professional movers – they have the experience and knowledge to properly keep your things from damage during moving. A dependable, professional mover can do the job much faster than you and you will not be involved in the packing and lose precious time. Movers in Toronto also have all the packing materials needed, and they know what to do and how much it would cost for optimum results.